BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not The Same Old Lions





In my last post to this blog I refereed to how losing the first game of the 2011 season to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may give some Lion's fans the right to use their favorite phrase "same old Lions". Well what the Detroit Lions did in Tampa Bay proved that these aren't the same old Lions, the Detroit Lions proved that they were downright better than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in every aspect of the game and Tampa Bay isn't a bad team. Now I will admit that there were some "same old Lions" moments like the two boneheaded plays by Sthephen Peterman and Gosder Cherilus among others but in the end where the "same old Lions" would have let Tampa Bay send the game to overtime and eventually lose, these Lions held on for a win. Also these Lion's weren't satisfied with their play even in their winning effort.


"I am not going to discount the value of a win, particularly a win on the road," Schwartz said. "But we definitely have to play a lot better than we played today. We made too many mistakes that kept Tampa in the game.

"I guess it's the sign of a good football team that we made those mistakes and still came out with the win. But there are things that happened in this game that are inexcusable and they will not continue."


Not one quote about pounding the rock or keeping the pad level low, plus actually holding players accountable for stupid plays, are these the Lions we're talking about? It's music to my ears and even though we're only one week into the 2011 season overall I'm loving what I'm seeing. However let's see if they continue looking good next week against a Kansas City team who looked horrible in week one.



In closing I'd just like to say.....

0 comments: